::: Cheap Therapy :::

6.02.2004

Well, I went to get my car estimated to fix the dent that the Jeep left. I went to B&R Body Shoppe at the ass-crack of dawn this morning; those guys think they are crazy if they think that ½ a grand is reasonable price to fix the fender. They said that they will have to paint the whole thing and possible replace the fender. Absurd! After that, I went to Dent Wizard, they said that they could take the fender off, heat it up and bend it back into shape for $270. (I think that is the route I am going to take.) Susan King is the name of the woman that ‘supposedly’ hit may car. When I called the CMPD (Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department) they came by to file a report in about twenty minutes. When they arrived, Susan and I went to go talk to the officer. After explaining my story about arriving at 9am and seeing the dent at 10am, we all determined that she had to have done it (without Susan’s knowledge, of course) judging by the dent and scratch makes on both cars and the fact that mine was parked and I wasn’t in it. So I decided that I wasn’t going to contact the insurance company about it (mainly because I have a $500 deductible) and deal directly with Susan. I kind of felt obligated to call the police, though, just to let her know that I was serious.
So, after my first break (at 10:30, today) I went to show Susan the bill for fixing the dent. Amazingly enough she wrote me a check on the spot. So let me clear up this whole scenario for you; this lady pulls into a space next to my parked car and grazes the front end resulting in a dent about half the size of a basketball. She doesn’t even move into a different parking space, she just ran into work. I go on my break, see my car, see the dent, and go back to security to tell them, and when she comes downstairs we have a conversation with the cops and she writes me a check for $270. I am totally surprised that there are such gullible people that exist. Although, if she didn’t do it, why would she have paid it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home