::: Cheap Therapy :::

2.24.2006

I'm rich biach!

Well, so I finally got in touch with Beth at Near and Associates (the temp agency I go through) and updated her on my revelation of going back to school. I mentioned that I haven’t heard anything from Financial Aid, but would be interested in full/part time here at Dialog while I go to school to get my degree. I also mentioned that I haven’t said anything to Norma ‘Jabba’ Baker (my boss) about any of it (schooling, Financial Aid or part time). Beth said that she would be coming by the office to check out the facilities and speak with Norma in person.

I got my Federal and State tax returns today. I got back almost $1000.00 total, although I will probably be dumping it all into a credit card that I owe on when I bought my G4 Apple laptop (Yukiko- meaning ‘small’ and ‘white like snow’ in Japanese) and iPod last year. After making my big payment, it will only leave about $400 left to pay off on that card. It would have been paid off already, but I had to pay off Cingular for shutting off Jenny’s phone six months ago. Man, those cellular companies really know how to screw you in the financial department.

Alecia and I had our first real argument. It was about something that I wrote in my blog; my last previous entry as a matter of fact. I know what’s good for me, so I dare not mention what I wrote again, but we talked about it and everything seems to be fine. I was a little concerned that she was so sensitive about it, and she was concerned that I was so insensitive about it, but I am sure that we will find a happy medium in the middle somewhere. At least both of us are mature enough to discuss it like adults rather than just running off to our own rooms and pouting about it; maturity is a wonderful thing.

Gideon’s birthday is on this Monday, but I believe we are all getting together at Jon’s to celebrate tomorrow night. I have heard word that we will all be ‘talking to Elvis’ and a possibility of some ‘beans’ being on the premise. Now, it has been years since I ‘rolled’ (mmmm, double stack Mitsubishi's; my favorite!), and possibly considering doing it once more for old times sake, but I guess that really depends if I will be attending the party alone or not. I know Alecia has never tried rolling, and I would be interested in finding out what she would be like, but it’s not really high up on the priority list. I may just go to drink, smoke, and hang out; besides, I think I might be getting a little old to be ‘rolling’. I don’t ever want to be that typical anti-drug commercial where the 40 year old dude dancing in a night club looking for his dealer, surrounded by teens; then the next shot is of him sitting in his parents’ basement getting high. Yikes, that thought kinda freaks me out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home