::: Cheap Therapy :::

7.28.2006


So, the crisis has been averted, but that is not to say that I am in the clearing yet. I finally found a place to live. I go in to sign the lease this coming Monday, which gives me about 6 days to pull my crap together and get it all over at the new address. I am working next week from 4pm to midnight at ‘the bank’; so that should give me just enough time to move during the day. I will, of course, have to start packing up boxes over the weekend.
::m::

At least Jimmy will be out of town until Wends. of next week, he went camping with some family members. – On a side note; as if Jimmy didn’t act weird enough, I was sitting on the couch watching TV when he went to bed and paused, turned around, waved, and blew me a kiss. I waited until he shut his bedroom door before I started dry heaving in disgust.

Anyway, back to the house…yes, that’s right; I found a house to rent. It is quite small, but quaint. It is an older type house, but seems in good shape, just needs to be thoroughly cleaned. I managed to Jew the rental agency down on the rent by $25, and gave them a list of things that needed to be improved upon before I sign anything. Most of which were simple things and could be done in a day; such as replacing receptacle covers, mow the law – trim the bushes, cleaning the fireplace, and getting an Orkan man over there to do something about all the spiders. The rental lady said that it hadn’t been lived in for a few months, so that gave me a little leverage to make them shape up the property a bit. I took Alecia over to see the place, she approved, especially because the rest of the neighborhood has already been renovated (Charlotte’s new downtown public rejuvenation renovation process).The house, honestly, is the shittiest one on the block, but I made a deal with the rental agency to let me spruce it up a bit and I would split the costs with them. I honestly don’t think I will even see one dime from them for any kind of renovation I may do, which means I will have to just stick with things that I can put back to the original state when I move out. It’s a good thing that I get paid more money at ‘the bank’ because I get to go buy a stackable Washer/Dryer and a freestanding dishwasher. (Things that the house is lacking)

It’s been like 3 days since I have spent any quality time with Alecia, I really miss her. I have been just so busy trying to get everything ready so I can be out of my current apartment by Aug. 6th, there are not enough hours in the day or energy within me to do everything I want in a 16h hour time period. I am so tired, I can barely keep my eyes open, but I’ve got about 5 hours to go at work, at least it’s Friday…