::: Cheap Therapy :::

12.12.2005

GO PANTHERS! GO PANTHERS! GO PANTHERS! GO PANTHERS!

Panthers vs. Tampa Bay; we lost (20 to 30). Which is a bummer, but I got to go to my first NFL game. Jason, my old roommate, promised me when we were living together that he would take me to a game one day and yesterday was that day.

The breeze was blowing and the sun was shining, but it was still a little cold standing outside the stadium drinking beer and stuffing my face at 10:30 in the morning. Jason and I shuffled into the stadium right as they were announcing the players for each team. The seat were about on the 40 yard line, about midway up on the second level; they weren't spectacular seats, but defiantly worth the $15 for parking I paid. The stadium is massive, although after witnessing how many people actually came to watch the game (Charlotte has the 2nd best attendance for an NFL team) I could understand why they needed so much space. Vendors selling all sorts of things kept coming by and I just couldn't help myself, I ate junk food and beer pretty much the whole game. By third quarter, Panthers were losing, we were drunk and fat so we decided to bounce a little early to avoid the traffic. Unfortunately half the stadium had the same idea, so it took us about an hour to get out onto the open road. All and all it was one of the best days I have had in a long time yuckin' it up with old friends, filling my belly and and an afternoon of drunk yelling at football.

Saturday, the day before, was the (mom's side of the family) Christmas dinner at my Cousin's house. It was the first time we all have had the dinner at his house, and everyone got lost on the way there. All the regular Powell family was there, buck toothed and very religious, meanwhile I am just there for the food and tolerating the company; but it wasn't all bad. It was good to see some of the extended family and catch up with everyone. It was amazing to see how grown up all the kids and grandkids have become. Like most family gatherings, we all mingled, we all laughed, we all ate, then we all handed out useless trinkets to everyone (mainly the kids got stuff, and unfortunately I guess I don't qualify as a kid anymore, not that I am greedy but it would have been nice to get at least a $5 gift card). I will try to remember to create a web page and include a link to the pictures I took [click here].

I am starting to feel bad about Christmas shopping. I don't get paid a whole lot at Dialog, so therefore I don't exactly have a whole lot of funds to be throwing around for presents. I really would love to buy Alecia something really nice, but I just don't know where I can get the money for it. Besides that, I wouldn't even know where to start as far as what type of gift. She mentioned something about pajamas, but I don't want to be obvious of what I am going to get her. I know she likes to read science fistion novels, I think that might be my best bet. As far as the rest of my family, I have no idea where to begin. I bought a few $20 gift cards and a few T-shirts from Old Navy and that should take care of my friends, but that still leaves Parents, Brother, and Alecia. Tis the season.....HoHoHo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home